Sunday, November 11, 2012

Baptized by Fire

"Obamney" meets his fate
The old ladder nothing more
 than fuel for the fire....

 Guy Fawkes 2012. I had only voted several days earlier because my friend was working the polling place and noticed that I hadn't come to vote yet. So at 8:30, only because she called and she is a very good friend, I reluctantly got in the car and tried to figure out who to vote for as I drove to the local firehouse. I knew it wouldn't be Romney, but the question was, was Obama qualitatively much different from Romney? Wouldn't  it be a more positive step to help give a third party candidate 5% of the vote (which Gary Johnson was supposedly close to receiving) so that in 4 years, we might have real debates and real issues instead of the two party waltz about photo opportunities?  I had spent the last few days considering not voting at all, but I realized that it reminded me of being a college student who wasn't attending a party just to spite someone else only to realize that no one had even noticed she wasn't there.

And then, several days later, we decided last minute to have a small Guy Fawkes event. We had almost not held the annual event but then just phoned up local friends and threw it together, with "the guy" getting made out of old clothes and dead sunflower stalks at the last minute. You have to throw somebody on the fire. There is nothing more gratifying than watching an enemy burn. So, we decided that the enemy this time, was "Obamney", the two-faced Republicrat wearing special underpants beneath his suit.



Old and young enjoy the catharsis

No comments:

Post a Comment