Monday, December 5, 2011

"I could never do that" (homeschooling)

Up at 6:30 most days. It was 7 this AM as I didn't have to teach at 8 this morning. That's tomorrow and Thurs. The 3 kids at home are still asleep. I check email, talk to Ivan (the oldest away at school) on the phone about his final design project that I have been a consultant on since yesterday. I eat some cereal, while checking that there is no new email since late last night. Then I go over to my studio and work for an hour on my painting. It's blissful doing this. It's a huge symphonic exercise of brushstrokes.

After awhile of losing myself in my painting, I check my watch and come back over here to turn on oven and wake up kids. Its 10 now. We will eat German apple pancake to try to begin to eat through the 4 bags of apples in the house. Then, the 2 boys and myself must go over and remove the huge contractor bags full of roof refuse from the tenant's front yard, so that her blow up Santa Claus isn't actually obscured by what could be mistaken for his bags of toys.

Then, back to studio for 2 more hours or so before I have to take Ida to orthodontist and then hopefully go pick up Leo's cello in Kingston after that.

Must remember to continue Marsden's reading lessons sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment