Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Portrait Update

The foil wrapped box has held up to the paint...I was worried about this one!


This placemat surface is actually a wonderfully coarse version of canvas!

Still might smooth out the young man's face a bit further, but it looks so much like him that I''m almost satisfied...
I have 4 more portraits to start and complete by April 20th, which is when I will hold a "Givening" at the local Community Center to both display and give the portraits away to their owners. I must create an announcement for this, and make sure I get it to all the participants. I hope some of them are forewarned by reading about it here!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful. The whole series is so beautiful, funny, a sort of fascinating reverence and irreverence for the material possessions that we attach ourselves to. I really am loving this work.

    ReplyDelete